Friday, March 18, 2011

Timing.

While cooking dinner tonight I was thinking about my projects I want to work on during Spring Break. I have three: clean out all of my closets/cupboards, follow one of Rachael Ray's weekly planner to try seven new recipes in one week, and of course... WORK ON MY BOOK! (That is in all caps because, well, it needs to be.) I was really excited about the first two. I mean, my closets really need it. And new recipes? What's not to love? (I already did all the shopping, FYI. Fridge is stocked and I am super ready to go. YES!) But the last one? Eh. Not so much excitement. I mean, there have been moments of excitement creeping in. A thought here and an idea there. But mostly it is like saying, "I need to take a shower everyday." Yes, I will do it. Yes, I will probably enjoy it. Definitely I will feel better after it happens. But do I really care to do it? Do I look forward to it? Hmmm...

So, I prayed. "God, please, give me something to make me inspired about this."

Before I even said my Amen, Pandora threw The Song on the player. The one I wrote about half of a year ago. The one that inspired me in my time leading up to Ebeye. The one that everytime it comes on, tonight included, Paulo says, "Hey Babe, it's your song..." For several months this was my inspiration to go to Ebeye and then to be in Ebeye. Tonight, it was my inspiration to continue on that journey, this time through pen and paper.

Talk about perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment