Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Linger.

I went to the doctor yesterday because, well, I had something wrong with my feet. It started as small bumps on the bottom of my feet while I was in Ebeye. These small bumps remained there until recently when they started getting bigger. I thought, "Yuck. I have warts on my feet." But these bumps didn't hurt, so I did nothing. Eventually though, as they kept staying there I decided it was high time to do something.

It wasn't what I thought it was. The doctor barely glanced at it and said, ever-so-nonchalantly, "You have a bacterial infection that has been left untreated. You can get these from either wearing dirty socks (Um? ICK!) or being in a very humid place (Ok, Doc, that sounds more likely). Here you go." And she whipped a prescription off of her pad, handed it to me, and walked out the door.

Apparently Ebeye not only lingers in my heart and mind, but on my feet as well.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Despite the unfortunate circumstances of an unwanted infection - you'll always have Ebeye - in some form or another.

    ReplyDelete