This is what I submitted to K-Love's "Next Great Love Story" competition. I have challenged myself to take up writing whatever writing challenges are thrown my way. (The maximum numuber of words allowed was 250; I shaved mine from 382 to 249.)
One girl, two of her friends. That online conversation, which had with three people practicing English but ended with two talking as friends do, started occasional IMs back and forth, which led to emails and later daily phone calls. Eventually flights back and forth took place between American and Brazil until he popped the question, standing knee deep in the ocean on a beach in Brazil.
It’s not really different than any other love story: He falls in love with her; she in turn loves him back. The difference, though, is not in the story, it is in the love.
Raised originally by a drug-addicted single mother and later by the foster care system, I understood what it meant to be liked, and I knew what it meant to have someone care for you. But I never experienced a love that lasted. Yet, I got a man who not only gave up his family, his language, his world for me, but loved me so much that he considered it no sacrifice. For the first time, I was worth it. Because of this, I finally understand what Christ feels for me. He too gave up His family, His language, His world for me. Because everyday I can see that kind of love exists, I know this is true. And I know that we have a love that will last the test of time, because it is founded on a Love goes back before there even was time to test.
Super cool, Tiffany! By the way, I really enjoy reading about your love story :)
ReplyDeleteI wish I'd had a love story to submit at the time I heard KLOVE's contest for the next great love story. And I really thought about it too!