Monday, August 16, 2010

Inspiration: Pickup Trucks in the Jungle



"Last night while I was on the boat as the full moon was out I was thinking it is too bad I have student teaching this quarter because otherwise I would be out here somewhere. I used to think that something was wrong with me... why do I keep coming back to Micronesia? But I have met so many people here who were SM's and have come back to share their talents... I have discovered that there is nothing wrong with that. And I also kept thinking that this time, that time, everytime, would be my last time. But it hit me on the back of a truck driving through the jungle... Micronesia will be a big part of my life for a long time. I don't know how, I don't know when, but I do believe that God has given me a passion for this place and these people, and there must be a reason for that. I am always so happy out here. I am happy at home, very happy, but I am happy in a completely different way when I am here. When we left Kosrae, I said goodbye to so many people not knowing if I would ever see them again. But several people told me, 'Tiffany, you will be back. This is not goodbye. This is see you later.' I think it might be true."

Written in Pohnpei, 6 months before I left for Ebeye.

No comments:

Post a Comment