Monday, August 16, 2010

Energy.

My classroom is clean. Books are organized. Desks are arranged. Lesson plans are starting to fill up the little boxes in the plan book.

Yet, my writing has stopped.

I only possess a certain amount of creative energy in me. Sometimes when I use it, it generates more. Most of the time, however, when I use it I wind up using it up. Which is why, even though I want to sit and write, I cannot at this moment. All of my energy is being poured into my classroom to get it ready for this school year. And this kills me. I feel like I am losing my focus on this project. I just need to allow myself to take a break until this week is over. Then, I need to sit down with my schedule book and find a good three hours a week that can be mine all mine for this project. I will NOT let it go!

Oh, how I wish to have more days of summer!

"The best antidote to writer's block is ... to write."
~Henriette Anne Klauser


Update at 8:11 pm: Writing this inspired me. So I sat down and, despite the fact I came home mentally exhausted, wrote. I have just completed Chapter 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment