Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Dynamic.
After my last blog post, about how I was scared to move forward, my husband talked me through it. What a blessing to be married to someone who listens to you, let's you say what you need to say, and then calmly tells you that you can do what it is you need to do even if you don't feel like it! And further more, helps you come up with a plan to make that happen. See, I knew he was a keeper! ;)
So, now instead of avoiding that red folder stacked full of paper -- my manuscript -- I have been attacking it, one day a time. Specifically, 15 pages at a time.
Wanna know what I found out?
I am a darn good writer. While reading through (and remind yourself that I wrote most of this over half a year ago... and never have I seen the thing as whole, just bits and pieces) I would look up to Paulo and say, "Wow, Babe, this is really good!" or, "The idea here is great, just needs a little fine-tuning," as I would scribble down my notes in the margins. There are definite areas of weakness, but mostly, there is strength. The foundation for this book is strong, and it can only get better from here.
The best comment I made, however, was this one: "Tiffany is a dynamic character." Yes, I was talking about myself in the third person because I was reading about myself. But what I said is true. She (being me) is not static, she struggles and grow and changes over time. You know, I am excited to see where this journey takes her... I guess I better finish the book.
(Photo courtesy of weheartit.com)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are an amazing person, and I can't wait to read about you and your stories!!
ReplyDelete