Saturday, April 16, 2011

Overwhelmed.

It is really coming to an end.  I know it is just the rough draft, but WOW, this is just a huge feeling.  I spent about two hours straight writing today with no break.  My fingers hurt and my brain hurts and I have no more inside of me to give to the page right now, but it is wrapping up. 

I cannot believe it.

I mean, I know I still have all this other stuff to do.  Revision, rewriting, editing, and then doing what I can to get it published.  But this part, which really is the juicy part, is almost done.  What am I going to do with myself afterwards??? 

Well, first I will celebrate.  And then I guess I will start revising.  But then, what will I do then?

___________________________________________________________________________

Same day, just later time.  (5:04)



I cannot breathe.

I am so close to being finished.  From what I can tell, just two chapters to go. All I have done today is write, write, write.  And that's all I want to keep doing.  But I can't.  I have a headache, my eyes are sore from looking at the computer, and I need to get out there and relax because I have a six-day work week ahead of me, starting early tomorrow morning.   

But there is nothing more I want to do right now that THIS.  I am ready for this.  I have been waiting a long time.  It is just around the corner...

Writing became such a process of discovery that I couldn't wait to get to work in the morning: I wanted to know what I was going to say. ~Sharon O'Brien


(Photo courtesy of weheartit.com)

1 comment: