Thursday, February 3, 2011

Premature.

During some "free time" today (if such a thing exists for a teacher -- I guess it is more like, "During my time-I-decided-to-ignore-my-ever-growing-pile-of-STUFF-and-take-care-of-me time...") I went online to find out about publishing a book.

Bleh.

I had in my mind before this that I would be completely happy with self-publishing, and this google search just made that option look even more do-able. The whole getting your book published thing, well, it is quite a whirlwind of craziness that seems almost impossible to navigate. To publish you must have an agent. To have an agent, you must write a stellar proposal that will be rejected for the tiniest flaw. To avoid the tiniest flaw you must find someone to help prepare it. To find someone to help prepare you must sell your idea to them... and on and on. Sheesh. As if the writing part was not overwhelming...

But before I face this big step and battle it out with myself and the publishing world, I must first write the book.

(FYI -- I will try the publishing thing, and if it works, GREAT. And if not, there are tons of ways to self publish (and I am not talking Lulu.com here...). Either way, this book will be on my hand and hopefully on a bookshelf near you at some point in the nearish-future.)

2 comments: