Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blah II.

I took my complaints of my slump yesterday to my biggest fan, Paulo. "I am losing focus," I wailed. "I used to be so excited, and now I just want to sit around and do nothing. What is wrong with me?!" And, being my wiser half, he pointed out something very important: In the past seven days I have (ahem) given a presentation to the school board, had my yearly evaluation and did all the massive amounts of paperwork that goes along with that, made quarterly report cards, had company over for a few days, worked all day on Sunday at our Open House at school where I convinced three new families to send their students to our school, and continued my everyday activities that make up being a teacher, a wife, and an individual. This comes after three weeks of being sick while travelling around the world and later halfway across the country. So no, I am not in a slump, I am tired. And being tired, well that has an easy remedy: sleep. I have blocked off this upcoming weekend to do just that. The only thing on my schedule is church, but even that... I think I will just sit in the back this time, none of this "Be-in-the-middle-of-everything" mentally that I so often have. I will go in, I will go out, and I will go home. And then I will sleep some more.

Oh, how glorious that sounds!

(Photo curtesy of weheartit.com)

1 comment: