Thursday, November 11, 2010

Blood.

I just finished talking with my biological dad, second time in the past two months after a break of most of my life. And what do I find out? That this crazy, outlaw biker dude, who has spent most of his life behind bars therefore resulting in me never really having the chance to know him, writes. He is a writer. And what am I working on? A book. And getting short stories published. And then I find out my grandma is a published author. And a chill went up my spine and tears sprang to my eyes. For the first time, besides the love of pancakes, I have found something that I KNOW came from him. And suddenly I love him more.


"The best writing is when nobody wants to beat you up when they finish reading it. That is a good start. But it is really good if they are still thinking about it at two in the morning. Then you know that you wrote gold."
~Arthur "Coyote" Adams (AKA my dad)

1 comment: