Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Affirmation (Part 2)

Today's affirmation is not as powerful or life-changing as what I received yesterday.  It has nothing to do with the missionary work I did or the power of God to work through us to change lives.  Rather, it was a simple comment out of the mouth of a student that just made me feel, well, good. 

I told my students that I had finished my rough draft (because although I am really selective as to which grown-ups get to be "in" on this info, I am surprisingly open when sharing with my students... I guess I trust they will think I am a rock star no matter how awful my writing turns out to be, because comparatively... well...).  "Please, Mrs. dos Santos, can you read it to us?" they begged.  Of course I couldn't do that, it is just the rough draft, first of all, but more, this is a story that I am not so sure 9 year-olds will really enjoy.  But I caved in and read the first page.  And hence came my affirmation.

"Wow, it sounds like a REAL BOOK!"

Excellent!  This may have come from someone who has read nothing more advanced than Judy Moody, but I will trust their judgement.  It sounds like a real book. 

Children are the best ego-boosters to have around.

Except when you have a pimple on your chin.  In moments like that you should just stay far away from them and their brutal honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment